JudiciaryMetro

Ile-Arugbo: Peace Moves Fail, Hearing Resumes In Court

…Saraki Fails To Convince Govt For Out of Court Settlement

‎By Adeniyi Adedeji, Ilorin

The well celebrated out of court settlement and requested peace meeting with government by the lawyer to the Saraki family over the demolished ‘Ile Arugbo’ has failed.

The Sarakis’ political office otherwise called ‘Ile Arugbo’ was demolished last January by the Kwara State government on the grounds that the land on which it was built was allegedly acquired illegally.

 

The Kwara State government at the time said that the land on which ‘Ile Arugbo’ was built was applied for by one Asa Investment Limited, which was allegedly not paid for till date.

Following the demolition, Asa Investment Limited went to court to challenge the demolition; however, its legal team later requested to settle out of court, leading to series of meetings that were deadlocked at the end.

The Ilorin High Court, sitting in Ilorin on Monday on the matter and presided over by Justice Abiodun Adebara, has therefore fixed March 25, for definite hearing, following the failure of the parties involved to come to out of court settlement terms.

Justice Adebara while fixing the date, commended the efforts of the parties in their meetings for settlement, but however, added that in order to save time, efforts and for justice to prevail, the case has to continue.

Counsel to the claimant; Aja Investment Limited, Abdulazeez Ibrahim, had earlier told the court that efforts to settle the case amicably had reached a deadlock, and agreed to the commencement of the hearing of the case, adding, “We proposed three terms of settlements; first is for government to withdraw legal revocation, that is, right of occupancy of the claimant

“Second, government should rebuild the partially demolished structures in the land of dispute, and third, government should render public apology to aged women, who were harassed and traumatized.”

He said that the respondent also proposed one term of settlement, which was in conflict with their first term of settlement.

He said, “In the last adjourned date, they asked us to shift grounds, so we agreed to remove the second and third terms of settlement and if government is ready to remove revocation, we will rebuild it ourself.”

Responding, counsel to the state government, Salman Jawando, confirmed that settlement had broken down, saying, ”The claimant said they are expecting to hear from us, but we told them not to.

“We made them understand that their terms are impossible and they also made us to understand that their first term is not negotiable, so there is no point talking.

“I made them to understand from the beginning that we are negotiating to the best interest of the government and not individual or company.”

Leave a Reply


online online php shell online

izmir escort
porno
alsancak escort
istanbul escort
adapazari escort beylikdz escort esenyurt escort istanbul escort beylikdz escort istanbul escort avcilar escort beylikdz escort sisli escort istanbul escort atasehir escort maltepe escort kadiky escort istanbul escort ankara escort eryaman escort izmir escort denizli escort bursa escort