Sports

Coronavirus: Former Real Madrid President Lorenzo Sanz Dies

Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz has died at the age of 76, just days after being hospitalised with coronavirus-like symptoms.

Fernando Sanz, Lorenzo’s son, said on Wednesday that he had been admitted to hospital after a period of ill health, but has now confirmed that he sadly passed away on Saturday.

“My father has just died. He did not deserve this ending and in this way,” Fernando Sanz wrote on Twitter. “One of the kindest, bravest, and hardworking people I’ve ever seen is leaving.

His family and Real Madrid were his passion. My mother and my brothers have enjoyed all their moments with pride.”

A Real statement said: “Real Madrid CF, its president and the board of directors regret with great consternation the death of Lorenzo Sanz, who was president of Real Madrid from 1995 to 2000.
 
“They also want to express their deepest condolences and all their affection and affection for his wife. Mari Luz, her children, Lorenzo, Francisco, Fernando, Maria Luz (Malula) and Diana, and their family and friends. Condolences that also extend to all Real Madrid.
 
“During the Lorenzo Sanz presidency, Real Madrid continued to enhance its history and legend.

“Today, Real Madrid is mourning the loss of a president who dedicated a large part of his life to his great passion: Real Madrid.
 
“Given the current circumstances, Real Madrid will pay him the recognition he deserves as soon as possible.”

Culled: Goal

Comment here